Saturday, March 22, 2014

LAST YEAR field trip

So this was my first field trip with a class in a very long time and i wanted to post about it!!! I was very excited to bring a good friend of mine along for my Geology class!!! The first stop was all around the same area, but had many different geology patterns going on the pics are a little mixed up so I will explain. The first stop was at red rock canyon. These were huge rock buildings of sandstone and iron rich with gives it the red color. Next stop was a closed volcano I forget the name so if any one remembers let me know :) I collected samples of the small red rocks. The last stop was the dried up lava beds where water once flowed down huge drops making waterfalls. It was beautiful........ So enjoy the Pics <3Oh ya got one of Ron explaining a small braided flow of water.......













PICS TO COME SOON 

No comments:

Post a Comment